The Library is the global list of comments in the Web Writer. Here you can:
- Add, Edit, and Delete both Descriptions and Disclaimers for future reports
- Create, Edit, and Remove Comments for future reports
Access the Web Writer Library
Note: Templates can only be edited while on the Web Writer Browser. Templates can not be edited in either the iOS or the Android App.
- Click on the Menu on the left side
- Click on Library on the left side
Customize Property Overview Descriptions and Disclaimers
Descriptions under Property Overview are used to give detail about the overall property. They are listed under General Information when viewing the report.
- Click on Descriptions/Disclaimers
- Click Add Descriptions/Disclaimers to make a new one
- Click Edit to make changes to future reports
- Click Delete to remove future reports completely
Note: If you do not want to delete them, you can hide them via the Template.
- Click Done when finished making changes.
Add, Edit, or Delete Descriptions (Item Details) for an Item
Descriptions for items give additional detail about the Item. These descriptions display under Item Details when writing a report. Changing the description in the Library impacts all future reports as this is making edits to the global list.
- Click on the System you would like to expand the Items.
- To make changes to Descriptions, click the on the right of the Item. The list of Descriptions for the Item will open on the right.
- When done with making changes to Descriptions, click Done.
Add a Description to an Item
- Click Add Description to add a new one to the Item.
- Enter a name for the Description
- Choose a Type. Choices are Text, Yes/No, List, or Number
- Allow Multiple Values allows you to have multiple inputs
- The default value allows an answer to display on a report start
- If the type is List: click Add Options and type in an option. When done typing, click Enter to add the next option.
- Click Save when done
Edit a Description to an Item
- Click Edit next to a Description to make changes to it
- Click Save when finished
Delete a Description to an Item
- Click Delete to delete the description completely
Add, Edit, or Remove a Comment for an Item
Comments explain what you discovered during the inspection in detail. In a comment, you give a description of your observation and assign a Status. Optionally you can explain the impact, provide a suggestion, or provide other information, like a link to a website that provides more detail.
- To make changes to Comments, click on the right of the Item
- The list of Comments for the Item will open on the right
Add a Comment for an Item
- Click Create New Comment to add a new one to the Item
- Enter a Description of the comment
- Choose a Status
- Optional to add an Impact, Suggestion, and Other Information
- Click Save when done
- Click Done to finish
Edit a Comment for an Item
- Click Show Details to expand a comment
- Click Edit Comment to make changes to it
- Click Done when finished
- Choose to Replace the original Comment or Add as a new Comment and keep the original comment
- Click Ok
Remove a Comment for an Item
- Click Show Details to expand a comment.
- Click Remove to delete the comment completely
- Click Delete for the window asking Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Add, Edit, or Remove Disclaimers for an Item
Disclaimers are statements to relieve you and your business of responsibility in risky situations. They can be what is outside of the Scope of the inspection.
- To Make changes to Disclaimers, click on the right of the Item
- Click Create New Disclaimer to add a new one to the Template
- Enter a Disclaimer text.
- Click Save when done.
Want to learn how to customize your Template?
With templates, you can customize how you inspect by changing the layout of the report. You can hide instead of delete disclaimers, descriptions, and even items. This can declutter the report saving you time.
Visit this article to learn more, Web Writer: Template Editing