This article introduces the Web Writer and how to set it up. The Web Writer is a report writer software that is browser-based. This allows any device that has an internet connection to write a report. You can use the Web Writer app if you need to be offline to write the report while in the field. In this article, you will learn how to access the Web Writer, add your logo to the reports, customize your comments in the Library, and create multiple Templates.
Once you are done setting up the Web Writer, you are ready to start a report. To learn more about writing a report, please visit the article titled Web Writer: Report Writing.
Access the Web Writer
- Log in to the Dashboard
- Click Web Writer on the top left. A new browser window will open with the Web Writer.
Want to access the Web Writer faster? You can bookmark the site to access the Web Writer quickly. Every browser is different; however, generally, a star on the top of the URL bar will allow you to bookmark the page.
You can add your logo to brand your reports. The logo displays on the cover page of your reports.
Web Writer Only Accepts JPG/PNG image file types
- Click the placeholder house image on the top left
- Click Add Company Logo on the top right
- Your downloads folder will open. You can navigate through File Explore to find your logo image.
- Click on your logo and select Open
- The image will be uploaded and displayed on the right. Please select the image so it has an orange border around it.
- Click Done. You might need to refresh the page for the logo to appear on the top left side.
The Library is the global list of comments or narratives. Here you can add Comments that can be used across templates and reports. The Web Writer comes out of the box with comments. However, if you have your own comments and want to add them to the Web Writer, you can add them here or on the go while writing a report.
To learn more about customizing your comment library, you can visit this article titled Web Writer: Global Library.
With the Web Writer, you can have multiple templates for different situations, or you can choose only to have one template changing it to match how you conduct an inspection.
To learn more about creating multiple templates or customizing the default template, you can visit this Web Report Writer: Template Editing article Web Report Writer: Template Editing.
Download the mobile app on your device
The Web Writer app allows you to use your device to complete a report in the field by adding photos, annotations, and comments easily. The app can be offline, so you can still work in an area without data or wifi.
The Web Writer apps can not publish and deliver the report to the customers. However, you can sync the report to the browser and publish it there. You can use your device's browser to publish and distribute the report.
- Login to the Web Writer on your mobile device. This is the same as the steps above in Access the Web Writer.
- Click the menu on the top left
- Click on either the Android or the iOS links at the bottom, depending on the type of device you have
- Follow the install steps and grant permissions to use the app.
To learn more about writing a report on the Web Writer apps, please visit the article titled Web Writer: Web Writer Mobile App.