During the installation process, a shortcut icon is placed on your PC's desktop for easy access into HomeGauge. This icon might inadvertently get deleted. Fear not, as it's always possible to make a new shortcut and put it back on your desktop.
Making a Shortcut for HomeGauge
- Locate the search bar in the bottom left corner of your Windows PC. Search for "HomeGauge."
Alternatively, you may select the Windows Start button and search for HomeGauge in the list of apps.
- Regardless of the method you find this listing, right-click the icon and select "Open File Location."
- A Windows File Explorer box will appear showing a HomeGauge Shortcut. Simply click on it to highlight it, then right-click it and select "Copy."
- Once copied, right-click anywhere on your PC's desktop and select "Paste."
- A HomeGauge shortcut icon will now appear.
Saving HomeGauge in Your Taskbar.
Another method of enabling easy access into HomeGauge is to place it on your Windows taskbar.
- Open HomeGauge.
- Once open, locate the HG logo in your taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Right-click the icon and select "Pin to taskbar."
- Now even when closed, the HomeGauge logo will remain at the bottom of your screen, ready to be opened when you need to do reports.