When setting up inspection appointments you may want to apply a discount to the final price of inspection. This article covers how to create a variable discount, giving you the flexibility to set the discount to any amount you would like.
The following process requires you to create a new service item on your Dashboard. If you are not familiar with setting up services, or need a refresher, no problem! Check out this article on the subject, or watch our video covering the topic here.
Creating a Variable Discount in HomeGauge
- Log into your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click on Appointments > Inspection Services.
- Click the button New Service found at the top.
- You will be taken to the New Service page. Enter in a Service Name (something like "Discount", or something similar). You can also put in a description, but this isn't crucial.
- Check the box for Allow Quantity. This is important, as this will allow the discount amount to be keyed in.
- In the Fee box, key in -1.00 The negative number means that an amount will be reduced by 1.
- Select a Service Group for this discount to be categorized in.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Service.
Using a Variable Discount in an Appointment
- From your HomeGauge Dashboard, Click Appointments > New Appointment.
- Fill out the usual information about the appointment like date, time, location, etc.
- Scroll down to the Services section and click Add\Update Services.
- Check the boxes for the services that you want charged to the customer. For the discount, click on the service group button from which the discount is associated with, found near the top of the Select Service box.
- Check the box next to the discount. Observe that there is a text input next to the check box. Put your cursor in that box and key in a dollar amount that you wish to be discounted from the final price.
- Click Add Selected Services at the bottom.
- The service total will be reduced by the number entered. Proceed as normal with the appointment.
At this time there is no way to base discounts off of a percentage amount. Discounts applied from this method have to be entered as set dollar figures.