HomeGauge offers a robust system for enabling potential customers and real estate agents to schedule inspections with you directly. They can even select what they would like performed by selecting from a list of the services that you offer. You will need to make those services public for them to see that list to begin with. Here is how you make your services public.
If you are unfamiliar with public appointments, or haven't set your public appointment configuration, it is suggested that you learn about that first. Click here to know more.
Turning on Pubic-Facing Services
- From the HomeGauge Dashboard, click Appointments > Company Settings.
- Click Public Appointment Settings at the top.
- Scroll down to the Services section. Click the slider to allow customers and agents to select services when making appointments. You also have the opportunity to decide whether you want to display fees associated with services, or if you would like to hide fees separately from services.
Making Services Public
When you allow customers and agents to select services, you will also have to ensure that the desired services are public. The Services section under Public Appointment Settings will display how many services and groups you have public.
To manage your services and which ones are public:
- Click Edit Your Company's Services.
- Click on any of the services that you have listed in blue.
- Locate the checkbox for Public Appointments. Check it if you want this service public. Uncheck it if you do not want it public.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Service.
Making Service Groups Public
It is possible for services to be public but not be visible for customers and agents due to the service group settings. In order to make a service group public:
- Click Appointments > Inspection Services.
- Click the title of the service group found within the grey header box.
- Locate the checkbox for Public Appointments. Check it if you want this service group public. Uncheck it if you do not want it public.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Service Group.
Why do I have to make both services and service groups public?
It might seem needless or redundant to have to ensure that both services and service groups are public. HomeGauge services are set like this to provide the ability to decide exactly what services you want shown to customers and agents. You can hide a small selection of services, or you can hide whole groups. It's completely up to you!
Use this to your advantage to set up service groups strictly for discretionary items. This could be age or distance fees, or even discounts. Hiding that group will ensure that only you will know about those items and can add them to the appointment if the situation dictates. If you would like to learn more about setting up additional services or service groups, click here.