In this article, you will learn how to start a report and use Systems, Locations, or Media to write a report, and lastly, how to publish and distribute the report. Here we are focusing on using the browser version of the Web Writer. This is a great place to start getting used to the software. However, if you are interested in the Web Writer Mobile App as well, please visit the article titled Web Report Writer: Web Writer Mobile App.
New to the Web Writer? To learn how to set up the Web Writer, you can visit the Web Writer: Setup article.
Start a Report
Start report from an Appointment
Creating an appointment is one of the best and easiest ways to start a report.
- All documents, like agreements and invoices, can be linked to your report.
- Information added to the appointment will be imported into the report
- Easier to deliver the report to your customer or real estate agent.
To learn how to start a report from an appointment, you can visit the article titled Web Report Writer: Sync Appointment Data.
Start report on the Web Writer
You can start a report directly on the Web Writer. This is good if you need to add an inspection report quickly and don't have other documents like an agreement or invoice that need to be linked. After publishing the report, you must add your client or real estate agent to the report for delivery.
- Click Add Inspection on the top right
- Enter your Client Name if you would like your client's name to appear on the cover page
- Type in an address, and Google will help you find an address and quickly add it
- Enter Inspection Date
- Enter the Time of the inspection and whether it is AM or PM
- You can keep track of the Property Type by entering if it is a Single Family Home or a Condo
- The default Template will be selected. However, you can change it by choosing the Report Template
- Click Save when you are done entering the information
- The new report will appear in the list of Inspections. Click on the report to open it
- Click the placeholder image of the house next to the address
- Either Add Media if you have no pictures uploaded. Or select a photo that was previously uploaded. Click Done when finished.
The report opens in the Overview section. Here you can add general information about the property.
- Type information in the Property Condition Summary you would like to add general observations about the property that may not be specifically covered in a comment or disclaimer. When done, click Save.
- Click Add Item Disclaimer(s) to add general disclaimers
- On the right side, you can Create New Disclaimer, Search Saved Disclaimers, or scroll and toggle on disclaimers you want to add to the report. Click Done when finished.
- With Descriptions, you can enter general information about the property. If you want to add or edit the description, click Edit Fields
Here you can add photos to the report to create a property tour.
- Click Add Media
- Click Add Media or select the photos you want to add to the Home Tour if you have added photos to your Media already.
- Select the images from your File Explorer and click Open
- The images will automatically be assigned to the Home Tour. Click Done to finish.
Systems are a way to view and navigate through the report. It lists items alphabetically by default but changes the View to Sort Items By Location. If you are interested in changing the layout of the report you can check out the article titled Web Writer: Template Editing
This view is for you if you like to inspect the property's location instead of by systems. Items are stored in alphabetical order by location in a property. To learn more about assigning locations please visit the article titled Web Report Writer: Assigning Locations.
The status of an item will decide which Exclusive Summary the item will display in the finished report. Comments have a status assigned and will change the status depending on the comment.
By default, each item is marked as "Not Tested." Click on the status indicator to mark an item as "satisfactory" or "N/A." Clicking Hide N/A Status will remove any item with that status from view. To learn more about this feature, please visit the article titled Web Report Writer: Show or Hide Systems.
In the Item, you can add Details, Comments, and Disclaimers.
- Click on an item, like Cook Top
- Enter Item Details
- Click Add Comments and toggle comments on to add to the report. Click Done when finished.
- To add media, click Upload to upload pictures to the comment. Or click Assign to attach a previously uploaded picture to the report.
- Once comments have been added, click Manage Comments to add more.
- Click Add Item Disclaimers to toggle any disclaimers you want to note about the item. Click Done to finish. Once a disclaimer is added, click Manage Disclaimers to add more.
- When you finish the item, click Next to go to the next item.
If you enjoy inspecting by taking a picture and then assigning a comment to the item, this is a quick and easy way to write an inspection report.
- Click Add Media
- You can just navigate to where you have your photos stored. You can select multiple or one. Click Open when done.
- It might take a moment for the images to upload.
- Select a picture and click Assign. Here you can choose where you want the image to go. You can set as a cover photo, assign to home tour, or assign it to a comment on an item. You can just click Done when finished.
- If you want to edit the photo, you can Crop/Rotate or Annotate.
- At the bottom, you can add a caption to the photo
- To go to the next photo click the right arrow. To exit, click the X at the top right