The Voice Recording feature allows users to leave voice recordings on individual inspection items that can be played back later. This feature allows the inspector to quickly note information about the item. When the inspector is writing the report, they can play back their saved voice recordings to ensure they don't miss any details. This article will explain how to Record, Playback, and Delete voice recordings in the Desktop Software.
Creating Voice Recordings
Creating Voice Recordings in the Desktop Software
- Open the report you want to work on in the Desktop software, then navigate to an inspection item.
- Find the Voice Recording Icon on the Comment Tool Bar, it will look like a microphone. The number shown in the box to the right is the number of voice recordings stored with that inspection item. Click the microphone icon to open the Voice Recording Menu.
- You will see a list of voice recordings saved for this inspection item at the top. If you have not saved any voice recordings it will be blank. Click the Record Button (red circle) to begin recording.
- You may start speaking immediately after clicking Record. When finished, click Stop Recording to save the voice recording, or click Cancel Recording to exit without saving.
Creating Voice Recordings in the Companion App
- Navigate to an inspection item as if you were going to take a picture or leave a comment. In the bottom right, click the Recording button.
- Click the Record button, then begin speaking. The Stop button will become available while recording, click Stop to stop recording and save what was said.
- Voice recordings can also be played back or deleted from the Companion with the Play and Delete buttons.
Listening to Voice Recordings
- To play back your voice recordings, open the report and navigate to the inspection item where your voice recordings are saved. You can see how many voice recordings are saved with an Item by looking at the number in the box to the right of the Microphone Icon. Click the Microphone Icon to open the Voice Recordings Menu.
- Select a voice recording from the list at the top, then click the Play button to listen to the voice recording.
Deleting Voice Recordings
- To delete a voice recording you no longer need, first navigate to the inspection item where the voice recording is stored. Click the Microphone Icon to open the Voice Recordings Menu.
- Select a voice recording from the list at the top of the Voice Recording Menu, then click the Delete Button (red X).