When conducting inspections, you might need to use specialized forms for insurance, WDO, or other purposes. Thanks to our Web Report Writer tool, generating different inspection forms has never been easier or more efficient. Our forms are designed with an easy-to-use layout, fields that are simple to complete, and information that is automatically filled in from an inspection report. Once completed, the form is converted into a PDF document that can be emailed to your client or published to your Inspector Dashboard for delivery via the Customer Dashboard.
Currently, this feature is in an open Beta phase, available for inspectors in Florida. Due to States having specific forms, we plan on rolling Forms by State. This way, we can gather feedback to make improvements in chunk sizes. To leave feedback, please click the lightbulb next to Forms. Then, you can decide whether to up the feedback and click Submit Feedback. Or you can click schedule some time to have a call with the Product Team.
During the initial Beta period, we are only making available the following forms:
- Citizens 4 Point
- Citizens Wind Mitigation
- FL-DACS Wood Destroying Organisms
More forms will be made available soon!
Add a Form
When creating an inspection report, you have the option to include various types of forms. However, please note that you can only add one copy of each form.
- Access an Inspection Report. To learn how to create an inspection report, please visit our support center article that goes into detail: Web Report Writer: Report Writing.
- In the Side Menu, select Forms
- Click Add, and the form is moved to Added to Inspection area
When you add a Form, the field data from the Company, Inspector, and Inspection is automatically filled in the form. However, any data that is added to the Inspection after the Form has been added will not appear automatically and needs to be entered manually. So, it is advisable to complete the Inspection before adding any forms. This will ensure that all the required data is automatically filled in the form, making the process faster and more efficient.
The following information will autofill in Forms:
- Inspection Data
- Client Name
- Full address (Address Line 1 + Address Line 2 + City + State + Postal Code)
- Postal Code
- Inspection Date
- Inspector Information
- Company Name
- Inspector Name
- Inspector Phone Number
Filling out the Form
After adding a Form to the Inspection, data can be entered to complete the Form fields. Each form includes custom field layouts, making it easy to fill without using a PDF filler and reducing duplicate data entry.
- Select the form you want to complete from the Added to Inspection list
- Enter information into the field boxes as needed
- There are two choices to navigate through the form:
- Click Show All to scroll through all the fields in the form
- Or click Next to navigate through a guided view
You can easily add supplemental images to the form. If you have already uploaded images to your inspection report, they will be available to be selected for the form. Any additional pictures can be uploaded.
- Navigate to the Supplemental Images section of the form
- Click Add Photos
- Select a photo that has already been uploaded
- Click Add Media to upload more images
- To add text to a photo click in the space under Caption and type what you would like it to say
- Click Done when finished
Some forms require the inspector's signature and initials, as well as the customer's signature. The signature needs to be captured as an image and uploaded to the form.
- Navigate to the Inspector Initials, Inspector Signature, or Customer Signature area
- Click Upload
- Find the where the image is located on your device, select the image and click Open
Save and Autosave
AutoSave occurs every few seconds, similar to completing an Inspection. You also have the option to save Form data to ensure no entries are lost manually.
- To manually save, click Save
Rename the Form Title
When publishing the form to the Inspector Dashboard or downloading the file, the HomeGauge title will be used by default. However, you can modify this name in the Form Title Field.
- Click Preview
- Select the Form Title and type in a new title
Preview and Publish
Once the form information is filled out, you can preview the rendered PDF with your data. You can publish the form or inspection in any order. Both will be added to the existing folder or if there is no folder, one will be created. From the Preview page, you have two options for distributing the Form:
- Publish: Add the rendered form PDF to the Inspection folder on the Inspector Dashboard. The form can be sent to your Customer/REP like any report.
- Download: Download a copy of the form PDF as displayed in Preview on your device.