Personalizing your inspection reports with your company logo is a great way to make a lasting impression on your clients. To ensure your logo looks its best, it's important to follow these steps to properly resize and add it to your reports using Desktop Report Writer. Here's a step-by-step guide:
Resize Your Logo
- Find the logo on your computer
- Right-click your logo file, click Open With, and select Paint.
- At the top left of the Paint program, click Resize.
- In the "resize and skew" window, under "Resize By," make sure to select pixels.
- Change the Horizontal dimensions to 300 or 350. Note: 300-350 is average. If your logo is a unique shape, you may need to try different "horizontal" dimensions.
- The vertical dimensions will change automatically. Click OK.
- Click File > Save As and select JPEG Picture
- Save the file under Documents\HomeGauge\References.
If you have a logo on your computer but are unsure which format or do not know how to resize an image, support can help you. Please create a new ticket and attach the image. Once our team has made the necessary changes, we will send the logo back to you along with instructions on how to add it to the Desktop Report Writer.
Add Your Logo
- In Desktop Report Writer, click File > Publishing Options
- Click on the tab labeled Logos
- Click on the first row, slot #1.
- Click the wrench (edit) button in the lower right.
- Browse your computer until you find where your logo image is stored.
- Click the logo and select Open.
- Click OK on the Printing Options window.