We recommend using the Online Appointments feature which allows for the creation and management of one-click online agreements. Click here for information on how to use Agreements with the Appointments feature.
Adding your agreement to HG software makes it easy to distribute. Plus, it self-populates based on the info you enter in the report, eliminating the need to modify the agreement for each inspection. It also gives you the option of using the Online Click agreement, so you can get that contract accepted in advance or prevent your client from viewing the report until they agree.
There are some sample agreements in HG software, if you decide to use one, please consult an attorney to be sure it meets the regulations of your state.
To use a sample agreement from HG software:
- With your HG software open, click Office > Edit Report Docs.
- Find the sample agreement you would like to use and double click on it to open.
- You may notice when you open the sample that there are some instructions on how to get your agreement in the report. To remove those, highlight the instructions and delete.
- Click the white disk icon to Save As. When the list of documents comes up, select on the file called disclaim (you may have to scroll to the right) and click OK. You will get a message stating "disclaim already exists. Overwrite it?" choose Yes.
- Click the X to close the Edit Report Docs screen, when asked if you want to save changes click Yes.
- If you want your agreement to be a page in your report, click File > Printing Options.
- In the list click the print option you use to select it, then click Edit.
- You may get a pop-up indicating you are about to modify your printing options, if you see this click OK.
- On the next screen you will see several boxes, some with check marks in them. Every item with a check mark is an element of the document created when this particular print option is selected. Be sure there is a check mark next to Agreement. At the bottom click OK.
Now your agreement will be a page in the body of your report.
We have a webinar that covers inserting your inspection agreement into your HomeGauge Software. This is how you will enter your agreement if you are not using our online agreement feature.
Video: Your Agreement from HG Software to HG Dashboard
Using a Software Agreement with the Online Click Agreements Feature
Note: These steps are for using the Online Click Agreement with an agreement manually uploaded from the software.
Using the Online Click agreement is as easy as uploading a report! If you want to upload the agreement for your customer to agree online before you do the inspection, follow these steps:
- Open the HomeGauge Software and enter the customer name, email and property address. Be sure to create a username for your customer.
- In order to make it easy for the final report to locate the agreement on the dashboard later, you need to use a Report ID. The date and the name of the street is a great formula that will prevent report id duplication. (For example, if the inspection is scheduled for December 7, 2017 at 123 Oak St you might use: 20171207-Oak.)
- Because you are only uploading the agreement, there is no need to select a template at this time.
- At the top of the screen, click the Upload button. You will get a pop-up indicating all of the items have not been answered. Click Yes to continue.
- In the Print Options screen, the only checkmark in the list should be Agreement Only.
- Click OK at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a preview of the agreement, at the bottom click the Upload button.
- When asked if you want to send report notification emails, click Yes.
- Your Dashboard will open in a new window and you will see your uploaded agreement. Below the address you will see Agreement Not Signed. This will change to Agreement Signed once your customer signs the agreement online.
- To the right of Send Report Notification Emails For there will be two links: Inspection and Agreement. Click Agreement.
- Give your client permission to view the agreement. If you have a REP as well, do not give him/her permission to view, as only the client can agree.
- Click Send Emails.
Now your client will receive an email with the username and password needed to view and agree to your agreement. Once they do, you will get an email stating the agreement was agreed to and now you can go ahead complete the inspection.