HomeGauge has an Online Agreements feature. This feature allows you to send out agreements and have your customers agree to them using an electronic signature before the inspection. It also prevents your customers from seeing the inspection reports until they agree.
How to Create New Agreement(s)
- To get started, log in to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click the Appointments on the left side of the screen and choose Agreement Templates below.
- Before using this feature, you must first agree to the terms. If already have, skip to the next step. Otherwise, click the orange button that reads Review Terms of the Electronic Signature Feature. Please take a moment to read the Agreement Terms and then click the orange button I Agree to the Above.
- After you have agreed to the terms, you'll be taken to the Edit Agreements page. If this is the first time you've been here, you'll see an orange button. Click the button to get started creating your Agreement.
- A window will open that prompts you to choose one of three options. You can choose to Create a New Agreement, Start From Sample Agreement, or Import Your Existing Agreement from HomeGauge Desktop Software. Choose one of the three options and then click the Create Agreement button near the bottom right corner of the box.
Option: Create a New Agreement
- Choosing Create a New Agreement allows you to start from scratch. Give your Agreement a name and get started. You'll be able to edit your Agreement text in the text area below.
- Copy your agreement text from your PDF or Word document, and then paste it into the Agreement Edit text box.
- Modify any text and format it to your liking using the toolbar at the top of the Agreement Edit Box.
- You can add replacement variables (click the blue Replacements Variables under the text box) to pull information like your clients' names, your company logo, your contact information, etc. Clicking the link will show you a list of possible replacement fields that you can choose from. It's as simple as copying and pasting the field you need into your Inspection Agreement.
- After adding your Agreement and including any replacement fields, make sure you click Save Agreement Changes at the bottom.
Option: Start From a Sample Agreement
Selecting Start From Sample Agreement will open the sample that you select. You can then make edits to the Agreement to customize it for your company. You can also choose to add replacement variables to this Agreement. See above for instructions on using those fields.
- Always make sure you click Save Agreement Changes after you've finished editing.
Option: Importing Your Existing Agreement
- The third option is to Import Your Existing Agreement from HomeGauge Desktop Software.
- Click Choose File.
- To use an agreement that is already in your HomeGauge software, go to Documents > HomeGauge > html5.
- Choose the file named "disclaim" (or choose the name of your Agreement if it was named otherwise).
- Click Create Agreement and the Edit Agreements page will open to allow any changes, if necessary, to be made.
- Click Save Agreement Changes to save your Agreement to your Dashboard.
Using a Software Agreement with the Online Click Agreements Feature
Note: These steps are for using the Online Click Agreement with an agreement manually uploaded from the software.
Using the Online Click agreement is as easy as uploading a report! If you want to upload the agreement for your customer to agree online before you do the inspection, follow these steps:
- Open the HomeGauge Software and enter the customer name, email and property address. Be sure to create a username for your customer.
- In order to make it easy for the final report to locate the agreement on the dashboard later, you need to use a Report ID. The date and the name of the street is a great formula that will prevent report id duplication. (For example, if the inspection is scheduled for December 7, 2017 at 123 Oak St you might use: 20171207-Oak.)
- Because you are only uploading the agreement, there is no need to select a template at this time.
- At the top of the screen, click the Upload button. You will get a pop-up indicating all of the items have not been answered. Click Yes to continue.
- In the Print Options screen, the only check-mark in the list should be Agreement Only.
- Click OK at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a preview of the agreement, at the bottom click the Upload button.
- When asked if you want to send report notification emails, click Yes.
- Your Dashboard will open in a new window and you will see your uploaded agreement. Below the address you will see Agreement Not Signed. This will change to Agreement Signed once your customer signs the agreement online.
- To the right of Send Emails: there will be two links: Inspection Report and Agreement. Click Agreement.
- Give your client permission to view the agreement. If you have a REP as well, do not give him/her permission to view, as only the client can agree.
- Click Send Emails.
Now your client will receive an email with the username and password needed to view and agree to your agreement. Once they do, you will get an email stating the agreement was agreed to and now you can go ahead complete the inspection.
This help information is not up-to-date...There is no "Agreement Template" option under "Appointments."
This doesn't tell me how to add my logo into the ashi template agreement. It wont let me paste it into the top.
What I see is that the editor in my PC version is not the same as the editor at the online Dashboard. There are many more quality options with the dashboard, BUT I could not find the automatic merge variable fill feature online.
Further, the logo options which I used to put my company logo at the top of my agreement are not available with the online Dashboard merge variables choices. So I assume my logo wont print since it is not offered. (Cant make my agreement print at this time so I do not know) But there is a place to put my logo in the profile section.
Lastly, If I edit my agreement at the Dashboard online I do not see that I will be able to download those changes to my PC harddrive.
Do I have it right HomeGauge?
Once completed how do you get it on your software?
Please sign in to leave a comment.