AirChek Radon Test Instructions
First, buy your radon kits directly from HomeGauge by going to the HomeGauge Environmental Radon Testing page (you will need to be signed in to order kits). A test pack comes with 2 kits (2 kits are needed for professional testing) and a FedEx stamp for quick return of the test to the lab. Once you receive the test kits in the mail, open the HomeGauge software and come to this page. Select the "Refresh Kits List" button and all your kit numbers will automatically display for easy selection.
When performing a radon test follow the below steps:
- Pull two kits from your inventory and match the kit numbers that display in the drop down tabs in HG software. You must use two kits for each test.
- Observe the auto-included start time and start date and answer the location and level of home. Make sure the date and time being displayed matches the start of the test.
- Insert the square foam filter according to Air Chek's instructions and hang the kits (two, side by side per radon test) preferably at chest to head high. You should NOT fill out the start time, date or address directly on the kit as this will be sent automatically to the lab in the step below. Just simply hang the kits. For more on how to hang the kits see Air Chek's instruction at http://radon-pro.com/pro_anim1.html.
- Whenever you upload your home inspection report, click the Upload Air Chek radon test start button where you entered the other Radon information at the "Misc" bar. This will send to the Air Chek Lab the buyer's name, address, start time and location/level of test.
- Within 2-4 days you must return to the home to pick up the kits.
- Remove the black foam used to hold the pouch open and throw away foam. Peel off the tape on inside edge of pouch and seal firmly.
- Using an ink pen, circle the test kit stop time and stop date. DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS, START TIME OR START DATE or any other info except for stop time and stop date. Duplicate info such as two start times can be confusing and no test result will be given.
- Place the sealed kits in an envelope and use the provided FedEx stamp to send to the lab.
What happens after I mail the kits?
- Online Service users: When the lab receives your kits they will enter the kit # and identify that these kits are yours. They will already have the start time, start date, buyers name and address. They will perform the reading and send the results automatically to your uploaded reports page at HomeGauge. You, your customer, and your REPs with viewing permission will be notified that the report is ready.
- HG users that do not upload using Online Service: When the lab receives your kits they will enter the kit # which identifies that these kits are yours. They will already have the start time and start date and buyers name and address. They will perform the reading and e-mail or post the results on their website (http://radon-pro.com/) under your password. You must create a password first with Air Chek to sign into their site. There you can print the report and fax or email it to your parties.