A Walk Sheet, also known as an inspection checklist, is a printout of your template. To successfully create and print a Walk Sheet, you must configure your Document Settings and select the appropriate Style and format. This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process to help you streamline your inspection procedures.
Creating a Walk Sheet Document Setting
Before you can generate a Walk Sheet, it's essential to create a Document Setting tailored to your specific needs. Follow these steps to configure your Document Setting:
- Create a new Print Document by following the instructions in Desktop Report Writer: Add, Edit, or Delete Print or Upload Document Settings
- Name the Document Setting "Walk Sheet"
- When checking the boxes next to the parts you'd like included in the report, uncheck every box except for the Intro Page checkbox and Report checkbox.
- When on the Other tab, set the Output Type to PDF
Choosing the Style & Format
The Style & Format settings determine the appearance and layout of your Walk Sheet. To select the appropriate Style & Format for your inspection checklist, follow these steps:
- At the top-level menu, click File > Publishing Options
- Click the Style & Format tab at the top of the window
- In the Format area (top left), scroll down and click to highlight Walk Sheet
- Click OK to close the Print Options window
Print the Walk Sheet
Now that you have created your Document Setting and chosen the appropriate Style & Format, it's time to print your Walk Sheet. Follow these steps to complete the printing process:
- Click the Publish icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen
- Select the Walk Sheet Document Setting created earlier
- If not done already, set the Style & Format to Walk Sheet by clicking the Style & Format tab at the top, then scrolling down in the Format area and clicking to highlight Walk Sheet
- Click OK at the bottom of the window to bring up the Print Preview
- Click Print at the bottom of the Window to choose a printer and proceed with printing
- After you print your Walk Sheet (instructions below), be sure to change your Style & Format back to the previous settings.