A common mistake is that edits made to the Comment Key, Component Overview, or Summary Intro/Footer disappear after the report is closed and re-opened.
Because the text lives in an auto-comment, you must edit the auto-comment to make the change "stick." We'll use the General Info's Comment Key in our example below, but the steps are similar for the Component Overview or Summary Intro/Footer.
Edit Comment Key
- Create a new report and select your template. Click on the General Info section on the left side of your screen.
- Above the Report Introduction text box, click on the eraser button (a small button with a pink and white eraser icon) to clear out the existing text.
- Click on the first magic wand button to open the Local List and choose an auto-comment.
- Highlight the comment that was currently being used in your report (labeled Comment Key in this example) and click on the Wrench (edit comment) button above the list of comments. This will bring up the Edit Comments window.
- Edit the comment as you'd like it to appear. Be sure the checkbox at the top is checked, called Automatically Include this Comment on Report Start.
- When you are finished editing, click OK. Select your comment and choose Insert as One Comment.
- Save your template by clicking Save T or choosing File Save Template.
Learn More About Auto-CommentsCheck out this Support Center article (click here) to learn more about editing your auto-comments.
Edit Component Overview
Your Component Overview can be edited using the instructions above - it's found by clicking the Component on the left of the screen and then clicking the Overview tab near the top of the main window area.
Edit Summary Intro/Footer
Your Summary Intro/Footer can be edited using the instructions above - it's found by clicking the Summary bar on the left of the screen and then clicking the Edit Summaries tab near the top of the main window area.