To add or edit notification e-mail templates for appointments and reports, follow the steps below for each:
- Edit Appointment Notification Templates
- Edit Report Notification Templates
- Disabling Agreement/Contract Signed Email
- Creating and Using a Custom Report Notification Template
Edit Appointment Notification Templates
- Go to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click Appointments > Notification Templates.
- You'll see a drop down list for Notification Type on the left and Recipient Type on the right.
Choose the template from the left you'd like to edit, and then the recipient type. Each combination is a unique template, as notifications for a particular event might have different info depending if it is being sent to a customer, a real estate agent, or the inspector.
- Once selected, the template can be edited from the below text area. Delete text that you don't want and retype it with the desired text. Use the tools above the editor to format your text.
- Once done, click Save Template Changes to save as written. Click the Preview link to preview what the template looks like. You can also click Reset to Default System Template to revert the template back to the original default state.
There are many notification types, listed and it may be confusing to know which one to edit. The most common template used is the one titled Appointment Scheduled (with Login).
This is the one that will most commonly be sent to customers indicating a need to sign an agreement and will also include their login information. Start here if you are unsure which one to pick.
Edit Report Notification Templates
- Go to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- In the My Reports section of the page, click Edit Report Emails.
- On the page that loads, you'll see a list of templates in the top drop down menu. Make a selection from the available options.
- You may now edit the template name, subject line, and message accordingly. The subject line will show up as the subject for the email. Rewrite the text to satisfy your personal preference.
- At the bottom of the page click Save Template.
- Repeat these steps for any other template in the drop down menu. You can also click Load HomeGauge Default Message on any of them to revert back to the default text.
Disabling Agreement/Contract Signed Email
- Go to your HomeGauge Dashboard. In the My Reports section of the page, click Upload / Email Options.
- Scroll to Customer Event Notification Options and check the box.
- Click Save.
Creating and Using a Custom Report Notification
HomeGauge offers a variety of notifications templates useful for sending notifications to customers and REPs under different contexts. It is possible to create new notifications if you had special or unique messages that needed to be sent regarding the report.
Creating a Custom Report Notification
- Navigate to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click My Reports > Edit Report Emails.
- Click the Start New Button inside of the Templates For: area.
- Type in a new Template Name, Subject, and Message. Inside the Message area, use the text tools to format the message to your linking.
- If you wanted to save this message as the default template, check the box for Use as Default Message right below the message editing area. This will ensure that your new notification will be the one automatically shown when sending report notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Template.
Using a Custom Report Notification
- Navigate to you HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click My Reports > All Reports.
- Locate a report that you would like to send a custom notification.
- Right below the inspection address, click the link for sending the Inspection Report emails.
- Scroll down the page to find the header titled "Customize your message(s) before sending." Click the drop down associated with the Buyer Email Template and choose the newly created template.
- Your browser will ask if you want to switch templates. Click OK.
- You will see the body of the message change to the new template.
- Verify that the users whom you want this message sent to have the box under Send Email? checked.
- Click Send Emails.
Note: The following merge fields will NOT work in the Appointment Reminder Notifications. These merge fields will work in all other Appointment Notifications.
Please explain why there is not a drop-down box when I am ready to send my appointment notice. When I go to Appointments/Notification Templates I have nine choices under Notification Type. However, after scheduling an inspection and the window opens to send the notice I have no drop down to choose between the nine choices. Why have all of the choices if I can not access them?
Please sign in to leave a comment.