In this guide, we'll walk you through the process of inserting Summary icons into the Comment Key area of the General Info Section. This feature enhances your comments' visual appeal and organization, making your reports more informative and engaging. Let's get started!
This article is for advanced users. Adding icons to the Comment Key requires an understanding of the Desktop Report Writer and a little HTML coding. If you want help feel free to contact Support.
Add Summary Icons
Before inserting icons into your Comment Key, you must ensure that you have associated icons with your summaries. If you haven't done this yet, follow the steps outlined in the section "Add or Edit an Icon for Summary Comments" of the article Desktop Report Writer: Template Maintenance Summary
Add Icons to the Comment Key
To access the Comment Key or Comment Definitions, you can go to the General Info section of the Desktop Writer. However, when the report is finished, it will appear on the Intro Page. You can enhance your summaries by adding icons next to the definitions as a visual cue. Here are the steps to add the icons:
- Open the Comment Key for editing:
- Click General Info
- Click Magic Wand
- Find and select the Comment key you use. A good way to know which one you use is to look for the comment with a Y in the Auto column.
- Click Magic Wand in the Select Comment for General Report Info box
- Once your Comment Key is open for editing, click</> button to open the HTML code.
- Locate where you would like to insert your comment. You can still see the text right along with the HTML, so place your cursor directly after the that will be at the beginning of the desired line of text.
- Type the following html <img src="yourpicture.jpg"> For this example, the image file name is cupofawesome.jpg. Make sure that you use the file name for your own image! Your images must be saved in your HomeGauge html5 folder. The default path is Documents/HomeGauge/html5.
- To preview, click </> button to display the Comment Key in the text.
- If you are happy, simply close the Edit Comments window by clicking OK. You can open a new report or clear and re-insert your comment to see the change in a print preview.
- Don't forget to click Save T!