Note: This only works if you have also associated the icons with your summaries. For a walk-through (click here).
Now that you've assigned an icon to your summary, getting them to show up in your Comment Definitions can be easy with a bit of HTML coding.
It's important to save your custom icons into the correct location before completing the steps below! For a walk-through on resizing an image to create a custom icon (click here). If you are using an icon that came with your software, you can skip this step!
Insert Summary Icons into the Comment Key area of the General Info Section
- Open your Comment Key for editing. You can do this by selecting the magic wand button at the top of your comment window. (When you hover over the icon, it will say Insert Intro Text.)
- Select the Comment Key comment from the list by clicking once to highlight it blue.
- Click the edit wrench icon from the top right of the window.
- Once your Comment Key is open for editing, click the (View HTML Source) button (Ctrl + H). This will display the HTML coding in the background of your comment.
- Locate where you would like to insert your comment. You can still see the text right along with the html, so place your cursor directly after the that will be at the beginning of the desired line of text.
- Insert the following html <img src="yourpicture.jpg"> For this example I am using an image file named cupofawesome.jpg. Make sure that you use the file name pertaining to your own image! Your images must be saved in your HomeGauge html5 folder. The default path is Documents/HomeGauge/html5.
- Click the (View HTML Source) button again to view a preview of your images. If you are happy, simply close the Edit Comments window by clicking OK. (You can open a new report or clear and re-insert your comment to see the change in a print preview.)
- Don't forget to click Save T