If you're an advanced user looking to create a comprehensive work proposal, our Desktop Report Writer tool can help streamline the process. Follow the steps below to enable and utilize the Work Scope feature for your proposals.
Enable Work Scope on Template
- Select the template you would like to add the Work Scope too. Adding Work Scope is a template change and not a report change.
- Click Template > Options
- Check Show Work Scope For This Template and click OK
- Click Save T when finished to save Work Scope to your template
Use Work Scope
- Select Work Scope on the left column
- Click on Header/Footer tab to write out disclaimers and information about your proposal. Note that the Desktop Report Writer doesn't include default comments for headers or footers for the Work Scope. You can save Work Scope Introductions and Footers to your template, like saving auto comments elsewhere. To learn more about saving comments, visit Desktop Report Writer: Managing Auto Comments in your Template
- Next, click on the Estimates tab
- Click the + in a circle button to Create a Job Name to start building Estimates
- Type in the Job name, like Phase One Proposal or Roof Replacement, depending on the type of proposal you are creating. You can also save these names if you are going to reuse them in the future. When finished, click OK.
- Next, create the Estimate for the Job by clicking the + with no circle button.
- Fill out the Edit Work Scope Entry window with details about the Estimate. Click Ok when finished.
- If you need to edit the entry, simply select it and click the edit wrench
- You can quickly add entries from the Summary by either choosing them individually by clicking Add From Summary or going through each one by clicking Add All from Summary. Simply add the estimate as you edit the entry. You can also update the comment if needed; otherwise, it will automatically include it in your report. Click OK to include the entry.
- While navigating through the Work Scope Entries created from the Summary, you can also change the job by clicking the Job dropdown and clicking Add New Job. Type in the New Job name and click OK.
- You can see the total of the estimates at the bottom
Add Work Scope to Published Report
When you are ready to send out the report with the work scope, first you must ensure the work scope is turned on for the Print Document.
- Click Publish
- Highlight the Print Document you use
- Click Edit
- Check Work Scope. You can also choose to include details and estimates. Click OK when finished.
- Select Print or Upload and continue with sending the report as you normally do