The Report Fill feature in Desktop Report Writer lets you quickly populate multiple reports with the same information, streamlining your reporting process. It works by creating a "snap-shot" or copy of your report, which can be applied to new reports. This article will guide you through the steps of creating and using Report Fills in Desktop Report Writer.
Create the Report Fill
- Select the template you would like the Report Fill to be tied to. You can have different Report Fills for different templates. However, Report Fills are tied to a Template like reports are tied to a Remplate.
- Fill out the report with the information you would like to appear with Report Fill. This includes column header selections, comments, and pictures.
- Click Report > Save New Report Fill.
- The Select Sections window will appear, and enter a Name for the Report Fill. Choose the sections you would like to become part of the Report Fill. You can click Select All to choose all sections at once.
- Click OK.
Apply the Report Fill
- Start a new report, then click Report > Apply Report Fill.
- Select the Report Fill you would like to apply and click OK.
- Select the sections you would like to apply it to and click OK.
Before Report Fill:
After Report Fill:
To apply multiple Report Fills to a single report, just follow steps 1-3 for each of them.
Transfer Report Fills to Companion
1. Simply upload your template to the cloud using the steps here: Desktop Report Writer: Transfer Templates and Reports to Companion, Desktop, or another Computer
All corresponding Report Fills will transfer over with your Templates and Settings Cloud transfer.