The Report Fill feature is used to show the same information in multiple reports. Use it to get a head-start when starting a report.
Note: The Report Fill is a "snap-shot" or copy of your report. It works a lot like copying and pasting. If you save over a Report Fill that old information will be replaced with the new
To Create the Report Fill
- Make the changes in the report that you would like to appear with Report Fill.
- In the menu-bar, click Report > Save New Report Fill.
Note: Depending on your version of HomeGauge the names of Saving a Report Fill may differ. Pictured above is a screen shot of HomeGauge v. 5.3.4. Pictured below is a screen shot of HomeGauge v. 126.96.36.199. While the names differ slightly their function is the same for both versions.
- The Select Sections window will appear and give the report fill a name.
- Choose the sections you would like to become part of the Report Fill. You can click Select All to choose all sections at once.
- Click OK.
To Apply the Report Fill
- Start a report, then click Report > Apply Report Fill.
- Select the Report Fill you would like to apply and click OK.
- Select the sections you would like to apply it to and click OK.
Before Report Fill:
After Report Fill:
To apply multiple Report Fills to a single report, just follow the steps 1-3 for each of them.
To Transfer Report Fills to HG Companion
1. Simply, upload your template to the cloud using the steps here: How do I Transfer Templates to Companion, Desktop, or another Computer?
All corresponding Report Fills will transfer over with your Templates and Settings Cloud transfer.
Here is a screenshot from HG Version 5.3.4 of the options mentioned in the article:
In version 5.2 and under, the names are slightly different. Here is a screenshot from version 4, showing the different wording of those options:
The feature was introduced in HG Version 4, so if you are using a version older such as 3, you will not see these options.
We will add some screenshots to the steps of the article as well showing how to use the various options within this menu if that helps.
If Report/Apply Report Fill is greyed out - select a template first! :)
[...] The tabs the article says to cleck on do not exist.
Please sign in to leave a comment.