Change Spell Check Settings
- On the software's top menu bar click Options > Spell Check Options
- From here you can add words, remove words that are misspelled, and even edit a Replacement words list. You can also enable or disable the Spellcheck on this options page.
Manually Edit User Dictionary
Users can manually edit the included HomeGauge dictionary by doing the following:
- Close the HomeGauge Desktop software.
- Navigate to this folder in your Windows File Explorer: Documents\HomeGauge\Spell.
- Right-click the file called dict25.u, then click Open with.
- Find and choose Notepad from the list of programs, then click OK.
- Add any words you'd like to include in the dictionary. Note: Added words must:
- Have the first letter capitalized (Insulation rather than insulation).
- Be followed by a comma. Even the last word in the list must have a comma after it.
- If the new words do not have a wavy red line (indicating a misspelling) underneath them, you were successful.
- If a wavy red line appears under the word, something went wrong with the process of adding words. Repeat the process with careful attention to step 5.