Change Spell Check Settings
- Go to the menu-bar Options
- Select Spellcheck Options
- From here you can add words, remove words that are misspelled, and even edit a Replacement words list.
- You can also enable or disable the Spellcheck on this options page.
Manually Edit User Dictionary
Users can manually edit the included HomeGauge dictionary by doing the following:
- Close HomeGauge software.
- Navigate to Documents\HomeGauge\Spell.
- Right-click dict25.u, then click Open with.
- Find and click Notepad, then click OK.
- Add any words you'd like to include in the dictionary. Added words must:
- Have the first letter capitalized (Insulation rather than insulation).
- Be followed by a comma. Even the last word in the list must have a comma after it.
- If the new words do not have a wavy red line underneath them, you were successful.
- If a wavy red line appears under the word, something went wrong with the process of adding words. Repeat the process with careful attention to step 5.