What Software To Use
We recommend the most popular voice-to-text program for Windows: Dragon Naturally Speaking.
How Does it Work with HomeGauge?
- Speak to insert text in any field where you can otherwise type.
- Use voice commands to navigate the software.
Tips and Things to Know
- For best results, use a high-quality headset.
- Voice-to-text software can require extra computing power. Check the Dragon Naturally Speaking website for exact requirements.
- Avoid background noise and others speaking nearby. This can be difficult when others are present on the inspection.
- Speaking your notes out loud during your inspection may attract (or dismay) buyers, sellers, and realtors present.
- Your Auto-Comment library is an excellent alternative to voice-to-text; it not only eliminates the need for typing, it can also remember your comment for the next time you need it.
Slow Dictation into Report
Some users have noted that dictation into the report, especially picture labels, can be slow. This problem was solved by switching from normal mode to dictation mode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.