Accessing Your Report as a Home Buyer or Real Estate Professional
Username and Password
When your inspector has uploaded an agreement, invoice, or report for you to access, you will receive an e-mail containing your Username and Password. If you did not receive an e-mail and believe you should have, please also check your spam and other filtered folders.
Your unique Username and Password will be contained in the body of the e-mail. To log in, follow the link in the e-mail, then type your Username and Password into the Sign in fields. Important: Passwords are case-sensitive, so be sure to turn caps-lock off and type the characters exactly as shown in the e-mail.
Please note that you can also copy and paste the username and password, but if you do so be sure to highlight the text carefully when copying as a single empty space before or after the username or password will cause the login process to fail.
Click Sign in when done.
If you cannot log in, and are sure you've entered the username and password exactly as shown with no extra spaces before or after, click Email My My Password to get a new login e-mail in the event that your username or password has changed.
Your Personal Dashboard
Every HomeGauge user has a personalized Dashboard with information about their inspectors and reports. When you first log in, you are on the My Reports page by default.
Get to know your Dashboard. Starting on the left hand side:
- My Reports - Click this at any time to return to your report list.
- My Home Inspectors - Click this to view the names, e-mails and links to leave a rating for any Home Inspector you have worked with. We encourage you to leave your inspectors a rating with a comment.
- Account Update My Info - Click this to change your User Name, Password, and basic information on file. Click Submit at the bottom when done.
- Sign Out - Click this link to sign out of your HomeGauge Dashboard.
On the right hand side:
- Search Reports - Use this tool to search for a report by Address, City, or Zip. You will also see a number of how many reports are displayed and whether or not your results are filtered by a search. If you do a search and would like to return to a list of all reports, click the orange Cancel Search / View All button.
Viewing Your Report Documents
Your report documents are stored in report folders to keep everything tidy. Report folders are shown 10 at a time in a list with the newest on top. New report folders will have a green background. The link will have an image to the left, the address of the property and an orange View Details button to the right. You can click the button, address or photo to open that particular report folder to see all of its documents.
If no reports are listed when you click My Reports, it may be that your Home Inspector has not yet uploaded your documents or given you access to them. You may need to check with them on the status if you believe the documents should be available to you.
- Click View Details on the report folder you're wanting to access.
- If your inspector does not require an agreement signature or payment, or if you have already signed and/or paid, you should now see a photo of the property with a list of documents below. In many cases, you will only have one document called Inspection Report. To access it, click the orange Inspection Report button. Your inspection report will now open.
If you see links to View and Save a PDF, your report is only available in PDF format. Click View PDF to view the report right in your browser, or Save PDF to save a copy to your computer.
- If a signature is required, you will see a photo with a green box underneath that says "Signature Required" with a green button that says Sign Agreements.
- If so:
- Click Sign Agreements
- A page will load with information from your inspector followed by an Agreement document. Read this document fully as it is a legally binding contract with between you and your Home Inspector.
- Beneath the agreement in the green area, click the Agree option.
- Type your full name in the Signature field.
- Click Sign Agreement(s) at the bottom. Note, if there are multiple agreements present, read and sign all of them to continue.
- A confirmation will appear. Click Ok. You will also receive a confirmation email.
If your inspector does not accept payments through HomeGauge, you may see a note that says "Please contact your inspector to make a payment."
Sharing Your Report and Accessing it Later
When viewing your report, you will see a bar at the top of the screen with several options including Reports, Rate, Email and PDF. Note: Sometimes you may not have options to Email the report. See the tip box below for instructions on how to request that the inspector forward a copy on your behalf.
- Reports - Click this to go back to your reports list at any time.
- Rate - Click this to rate your inspector. We highly encourange you to rate your inspector with a comment.
- Email - Send a link to the report to one or more recipients. A unique password to access the report is included in the e-mail. You can edit the subject and message before clicking Send Email.
- PDF - Will give you the option to view or save a PDF copy of the report. Click VIEW PDF to view a PDF copy of the report in your browser. Click SAVE PDF to save a copy to your computer for safekeeping.
You can also Forward the report from your My Reports screen using the silver Forward button.
If your inspector has forwarding disabled, you can still request that the document be forwarded. Click the Forward button and a request form will open. You can edit the subject