Transferring a Report Using the Cloud
Using the HG Cloud (part of the HG Services) you can easily transfer reports between computers and devices without the hassle of manually copying files.
- In your HomeGauge desktop software or HG Companion, click HG Services > Send Report to Cloud. Select the report you'd like to transfer and click transfer.
- On your other computer or device go to HG Services > Get Report from Cloud. Select the report and click download.
- Go to Open Reports and you will see it in the list.
If you are having trouble sending a report to the cloud, click here to view our troubleshooting article.
Manually Transferring Reports to a New Computer
Note: You will need an external storage device such as an external hard drive or high capacity thumb drive to complete the steps below.
- Install the latest version of HomeGauge on your new computer.
- From your old computer
- Open your File Explorer and navigate to Documents/HomeGauge
- Right click the Reports folder and choose copy.
- Plug in and open your external storage device. Inside the device, right click and choose Paste (or press Ctrl-V)
- Safely remove your external storage device from your old computer
- On your new computer
- Open the external storage device and copy the reports folder.
- Navigate to the Documents/HomeGauge, right click a blank area and choose Paste (or press Ctrl-V). If prompted to overwrite, choose Yes.
- Open the HomeGauge Software and click Open
- Click the Refresh Database button at the bottom right. It may take a few moments for all of your reports to populate.
Note: If you are upgrading computers, we recommend copying the entire HomeGauge folder from your prior computer before installing HomeGauge on the new computer. Simply copy the HomeGauge folder (using an external storage device) from the Documents folder of your old computer to the Documents folder of your new computer, then install HomeGauge. If you already had HomeGauge installed on the new computer, you can still copy the folder over, but please note you may need to run the HomeGauge installer again once complete to ensure that any issues caused by different versions are resolved.