If you're a new user or need to reinstall the Desktop Report Writer software, here's a step-by-step guide on downloading, installing, and activating Desktop Report Writer on your computer.
You can install the software on multiple computers as long as you are the only inspector. Our software licenses are per inspector, not per computer.
Download and Install Desktop Report Writer Software
- Log in to your Inspector Dashboard
- The left side will have a column of blue links. Navigate to the bottom and then click Install HG 5.
- Click Download/Install HomeGauge 5.5 to download the latest version of Desktop Report Writer.
- After the download, run the installer and follow the prompts.
Notes for if Desktop Report Writer is already installed:
- Running the installer when Desktop Report Writer is already installed on your computer checks the existing files. If a HomeGauge file is damaged or missing, the file will be replaced with a working version.
- Running the installer will not change or remove any templates or reports you have worked on.
- Running the installer will not remove your activation, inspector information, logo, contacts, invoice, or other information.
Find Your Software License Key
You can locate your license key on your Inspector Dashboard. You can quickly access your Dashboard from your software by clicking HG Services > My HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Login to Inspector Dashboard
- Click on Account Settings and then choose License and Services on the left side
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page for your software license information
Activate Desktop Report Writer Software License
Now that you have your software downloaded and installed and your software license key ready, it's time to get activated!
- Open Desktop Report Writer
- At the top menu, select Options > Inspector and License.
- Put in your name and the company name exactly as you want it to appear in your reports (spacing and capital letters etc., count). You can change the Contact Info and State License fields at any point by returning to this window. You must contact HomeGauge directly to change the Inspector Name and Company associated with the license.
- Click Activate