Download and Install HomeGauge Software
- Log in to your Inspector Dashboard at this link (click here).
- The left side will have a column of blue links. Navigate to the bottom and then click Install HG 5.
- Click the gray download button to download the latest version of HomeGauge.
- After the download, run the installer and follow the prompts
Notes for if HomeGauge is already installed:
- Running the installer when HomeGauge is already installed on your computer checks the existing files. If a HomeGauge file is damaged or missing, the file will be replaced with a working version.
- Running the installer will not change or remove any templates or reports you have worked on.
- Running the installer will not remove your activation, inspector information, logo, contacts, invoice, or other information.
You can locate your license key on your HomeGauge Dashboard at www.HomeGauge.com. You can quickly get to your Dashboard from your software by clicking HG Services > My HomeGauge Dashboard.
Find Your Software License Key
- Sign in to HomeGauge.com. (If you do not remember your username and password, click on "Forgot your username or password?" Enter your email associated with HomeGauge, and a password reset email will be sent to you.)
- After signing in, navigate (using the blue menu on the left side of your screen) to Account Settings and then choose License and Services.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page for your software license information.
Activate HomeGauge Software License
Now that you have your software downloaded and installed and you have your software license key ready, it's time to get activated!
- Open the software
- At the top menu, select Options > Inspector and License.
- Put in your name and the company name exactly as you want it to appear in your reports (spacing and capital letter etc., count). You will be able to change the Contact Info and State License fields at any point by returning to this window. You will have to contact HomeGauge directly to change the Inspector Name and Company associated with the license.
- Click Activate
There are a limited number of activation's available per license. If you ever reach that limit, please call HomeGauge Support at 828-254-2030 to request a limit increase. You can install the software on more than one computer as long as you are the only inspector. Our software licenses are per inspector, not per computer.