In Desktop Report Writer, you can include your signatures and initials on reports and forms. Some states require signatures on forms or on the cover of the report. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to add your signatures and initials:
Adding Signatures and Initials
- Take a clear picture or scan of your signature and initials separately.
- If you take a picture of your signature and initials with your phone, email the image back to yourself or transfer it to your PC.
- Signatures and initials work best if they are jpegs and are less than 300 pixels wide or less. If you need to resize the images, follow the directions below.
- Save signature and initials images in a place easily found later.
- In Desktop Report Writer, click File > Printing Options and select the Logos tab near the top.
- Click on the line for Logo 4 to highlight it in blue.
- Click on the wrench (Edit) icon to the right of the grey image box.
- Navigate to your image file and click Open.
- To add your initials, highlight the line for Logo 5 and then follow steps 7 & 8.
- Click OK to exit the Printing Options window. You have now successfully added your signatures and initials to Desktop Report Writer.
By default, your signature and initials will show on your Cover Page. If you want to remove them, see our Customizing the Cover Page article Desktop Report Writer: Edit the Cover Page.
Included Signature and Initials on Forms
- On the top tool bar, click Options > Forms Options
- To include your signature, check the box labeled Use a print logo for form signature 1. By default, logo 4 is selected. You can change this with the left and right arrows.
- To include your initials, check the box labeled Use a print logo for form signature 2. By default, logo 5 is selected. You can change this with the left and right arrows.
- Click OK
If you require assistance with resizing your signature image, we are happy to help. Simply send us an email with the attached image or PDF, and we will adjust the size for you. We will then provide you with instructions on how to include the resized image in your signature. Alternatively, you can try resizing the image yourself by following these steps:
- Locate the image of your signature or initials that you wish to resize.
- Right-click the image and select Open with > Paint. Microsoft Paint is a basic image editing program built into every Windows PC.
- Once open, select Resize from the toolbar.
- Select Pixels for the parameter to resize by.
- Click into the Horizontal field and type in a new number. We recommend a horizontal width of less than 300 px. Returning the vertical height is unnecessary, as it will resize automatically to be proportional. Click OK when done.
- Click File > Save As > JPEG picture.
- Save the image with a file name and in a location you can later find. Putting an identifier in the file's name is recommended to indicate that this is a resized image.
- Once you have a resized image, you may continue with the steps in the Adding Signature and Initials section of the article.