Adding Signatures and Initials to HomeGauge
- Take a picture or scan of your signature and initials. Make sure you do each one separately.
- If you take a picture of your signature and initials with your phone, you will need to either email the image back to yourself or transfer it to your PC some other way.
- Signatures and initials work best if they are jpegs and are less than 300 pixels wide or less. If you need to resize the images, follow the directions below.
- Save signature and initials images in a place that can be easily found later.
- In HomeGauge software, click File > Printing Options and select the Logos tab near the top.
- Click on the line for Logo 4 to highlight it in blue.
- Click on the wrench (Edit) icon to the right of the grey image box.
- Navigate to your image file and click Open.
- To add your initials, highlight the line for Logo 5 and then follow steps 7 & 8.
- Click OK to exit the Printing Options window. You have now successfully added your signatures and initials to the HomeGauge software.
By default, your signature and initials will show on your Cover Page. If you would like to remove them, see our article on Customizing the Cover Page, (click here).
Steps for Including Signature and Initials on Forms
- Inside the HomeGauge software on the top tool bar, click Options > Forms Options.
- To include your signature, check the box labeled Use a print logo for form signature 1. By default, logo 4 is selected. You can change this with the left and right arrows.
- To include your initials, check the box labeled Use a print logo for form signature 2. By default, logo 5 is selected. You can change this with the left and right arrows.
- Click OK
our signature and initials will now appear on your forms.
We Will Resize Your Signature Image For You
After you have an image or PDF of your signature, send us an email and attach the image. We will re-size it and send you back with instructions on how to include it in your signature.
- Locate the image of your signature or initials that you wish to resize.
- Right-click the image and select Open with > Paint. Microsoft Paint is a basic image editing program built into every Windows PC.
- Once open, select Resize from the toolbar.
- Select Pixels for the parameter to resize by.
- Click into the Horizontal field and type in a new number. We recommend a horizontal width of less than 300 px. It's not necessary to retype the vertical height, as it will resize automatically to be proportional. Click OK when done.
- Click File > Save As > JPEG picture.
- Save the image with a file name and in a location you can later find. It's recommended to put an identifier in the name of the file to indicate that this is a resized image.
- Once you have a resized image, you may continue with the steps above.