You've inspected the property and found some problems. After repairs have been made your customer may want you to return for a re-inspection.
With HomeGauge, it's easy to create a re-inspection report.
Create a Re-Inspection Report
- Click Open.
- Once you are in the open reports screen, locate the report you wish to make a re-inspection report from. Click to highlight the report in blue.
- Click the gear icon near the lower right of the Open Report box. The gear icon will give you a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select Create Re-inspection from Selected Report. A box will open that asks you if you'd like to create a re-inspection. By choosing the re-inspection option, your newly created report will be a copy of the report you selected but all items will be excluded by default except the items that you sent to the Summary in your initial report. The software will create a flag icon at each Summary item, and it will change the date of the report to the current date.
- Click Yes to generate your re-inspection report.
- The software will tell you that the re-inspection report has been saved. You can click OK when that message appears.
- Find the newly created report (usually at the top of your list of reports) and double-click it to open the report.
- Make certain that you change the report ID to reflect that this is a re-inspection. (You could add 're-' to the front or the end of the report ID)
- Now you can begin inspecting. When in one of the inspection items needing to be reinspected, if you select the small gear above the comment box, you can enter a Pass or Fail Stamp on the item. You can then add additional comments if you like.
Tip: You may want to add a cover page that says 'Re-inspection Report' instead of 'Inspection report.' Click the following link for instructions on how to create a custom cover page.
Custom Print Setting
If you find yourself often performing re-inspections you may want to create a print setting just for those reports. Click the link below for instructions on creating new print settings in your software (click here).
Please sign in to leave a comment.