Creating a Sample Report is a great way to market your work and allow your customers to get an idea of what they can expect to see when their report is complete. Uploading your reports using HG Services makes it easy to get a Sample Report on your website.
Create a Sample Report
- In your software, find a report that you're especially proud of or create a new one that you like.
- If you are using a pre-existing report, click Open, find the report in this list and highlight the report. Do not open it.
- Click the gear icon on the bottom right corner of this box and select Create a Copy of the Selected Report.
- Open the copy that will appear right above the original report in the list.
- Make changes that need to be made:
- If you are beginning with a real report, change all identifying information. (Use a fake customer name, property address, etc.)
- Give the report a new Report ID number.
- We also recommend that you change the cover page photo to a generic photo.
- Once this is complete, upload the sample report to your HG Dashboard.
- Navigate to your HG Dashboard and find the report.
- Click Viewing above the uploaded Inspection Report and you will see a dropdown menu.
- Select the option Make Public. When the next screen opens you will see a URL for your sample report (it will look something like this: https://www.homegauge.com/report/1234567899/), highlight it and copy it.
- Click Yes at the bottom of the screen. You have now made this report public.
Once you have done this, the URL you copied is what you will use on your webpage to create a hyperlink for your clients to see a sample report. You can go directly to your website and add it, or you might email it to the individual who manages your website. If you should ever need this URL again, simply go to your HG Dashboard reports list, view the document and copy the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen.
Please note: If the report you are using to create a sample report was created from a Dashboard appointment, it may upload back into the original customer's Dashboard folder. You will need to have HomeGauge version 5.2.13 or higher to Unlink Appointment ID or you'll need to create a folder for your sample report and then relocate the report into the correct folder.
- From your HomeGauge software begin like you are creating a new report (no need to choose a template). Enter the fake customer's name, the sample report ID, and the fake address. You'll need to include street address, city, state, and zip.
- Click Upload. There is no need to create a username for your fake customer.
- Choose any document to upload: Invoice Only, or Full Report for Upload are fine choices.
- After you've uploaded, go to your Dashboard and you'll see a folder for your fake customer.
- Find your sample report (in the original customer's folder) and click Manage and then Relocate to move the sample report into the folder you just created.