Note: These instructions are for HomeGauge 5.1 users only. In order to include video in your HG report you must be using HG5 and uploading your reports (in HTML format) using HG Services. Video is not an option if you are distributing your reports in PDF.
Check Your Version: To check your version of HomeGauge, open HomeGauge and click Help About. There, you'll see a number that looks like 188.8.131.52. That's your version number.
In HomeGauge 5.1, to incorporate video you must install Quicktime on your computer. Follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of the QuickTime installer. Get it here: Quicktime from Apple.
- Run the install for QuickTime
- Reinstall your HG software by going to your HG Dashboard and clicking the Install HG5 link. Make sure to scroll to the bottom and download Version 5.1. You will not lose any information. Reinstalling will help HG recognize that Quicktime is on your computer to ensure the videos will work.
- Restart your computer.
- Either use your HG Companion to bring in a report with video (via the cloud) or simply point the film strip on the right side of your HG software to a file with video and drag and drop them the way you would a photo.
- If you need to edit a video, use the stop and start buttons in the video editor that opens in HG to indicate where you want the video to begin and end.