Merge reports together using the following steps. Note: When creating the initial reports, consider using report IDs with the initials of the inspector collecting the data at the end of each ID. This will make it easier to find the reports each inspector created.
Important. If you are planning on merging reports using the HG Companion, read the below section now.
Merging Two Reports
- To start you will need both reports on the same computer. To read more about transferring reports (click here).
- OPEN and SAVE each report individually. You must do this in order to save the photos attached to the reports.
- Before you merge, at the top of the screen in your HG software click Options > Comments Options.
- Be sure there is a check mark in the box next to Itemize multiple comments during report start and merge. Click OK.
- Open one of the reports. This should be the report of the "primary" inspector, meaning the final merged report will maintain the inspector name and report ID of this report.
Note: The Report Templates Must Be the Same
If the open report does not yet have a template selected, you must select a template. Be sure to select the same template that the other report is using.
- Click File then select Merge Report into this Report. A list of remaining reports on your computer will appear.
- Select the report you would like to merge with the "primary" and click Merge.
- Select the sections you would like to bring in and click OK.
- You should get the message Reports Merged: No Errors.
- You may get a message that you have duplicate report IDs, consider updating this report ID by adding an F to the end of it to indicate it is the final version of the merged reports.
- The reports are now merged and you can review and modify as needed.
When merging reports done on the HG Companion, it is possible for users, when editing photos, to encounter a situation where clicking the button Revert to Photo Locker seemingly changes the photo to one on the secondary report. This is due to the way the HG Companion handles file names. It is possible to circumvent this by using the "save photo preset" function found within OpenCamera.
In order to setup file presets:
- Ensure that OpenCamera is installed from the Google Play Store and that the HG Companion is using it as the default camera. Click here and here for directions on setting up OpenCamera.
- Open the OpenCamera app and click on the gear icon on the top right of the screen.
- Tap More camera controls...
- Scroll down and tap Save photo prefix.
- Enter a prefix that will be unique to this device, for instance, your initials.
- Repeat this process for any other HG Companion devices you use, ensuring the prefix is unique to each device.
Videos are not stored in the photolocker, so you do not need to worry about setting a video prefix in relation to this issue.