Checking your hosted e-mail
You can check your HomeGauge hosted email from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. All you have to do is open an internet browser, and go to https://webmail.homegauge.com/ and log in with your email address and password.
If you plan to sync your email with an email client or mobile device, click here to use the email setup help tool from Rackspace.
How to configure your hosted e-mail (e.g. set up an auto-reply, set up automatic forwarding, or change your email password)
These functions can all be handled through the webmail interface. Take the steps below to work with these settings.
- Login to webmail at https://webmail.homegauge.com
- Click on the menu button found in the upper right of the webmail screen and choose settings.
- A screen should pop up with several options.
- To work with auto-replies or email forwarding, click the Incoming Email tab. The auto replies can be set by date if you want them to only run during a scheduled period of time (i.e. during a vacation).
- The email forwarding includes an option to save the messages on your account as well as forwarding them to another address. We recommend choosing this option to keep a copy.
- Your email password can be changed by clicking the Change Password tab.
How to set up your email account on iPhone, Android, Outlook, Windows Mail, Thunderbird
POP3 or IMAP?
We highly recommend using IMAP when setting up your email accounts on your devices. IMAP will read the email off the server, while POP3 will download it off the server. IMAP is better for most users, especially users using mulitple devices to check their email.
Desktop & Mobile Email Program Setup Instructions
HomeGauge email accounts are hosted through Rackspace. Use the link below to find instructions on how to setup your email program to work with your HomeGauge email account(s). On the page linked below, click on the "Getting Started" link, login, and click to select the program you use to get setup instructions.
The most common errors in setting up accounts are caused by misspelling of server names, not using the full email address as the username, or not setting the correct port numbers. essentially everything needs to match exactly to work. Please follow the instructions on the pages above carefully.
And don't forget, in a pinch you can always check your email through our webmail service: https://webmail.homegauge.com
Forgot your e-mail password?
You can contact our web team at 828-254-2030 or by email at email@example.com. We can manually reset your password for you. You can reset it to something else afterward by logging into webmail.