If your customer or REP is not able to create a CRL from your report, there are a few possible causes:
- PDF reports. Only HTML reports will work with CRL.
- Summary only document. Only full reports work with CRL. A summary only document will prevent CRL from functioning properly.
- Incorrect document type. If your document isn't classified as an Inspection Report, CRL may not function. To check the classification of an uploaded document, click Manage Rename above the report and make sure that Inspection Report is the selected document type, then save your changes. Note: If all of your uploaded reports are showing as the wrong document type, you'll need to change this in your software. Go to File Printing Options, click the document setting you normally use to upload to select it (click the text to highlight it blue) then click Edit. On the following screen, click the drop down in the top right to ensure that your document setting is Inspection.
The Create Request List (CRL) feature from HomeGauge was designed for real estate agents and home buyers to use to collaboratively build a list of requests based on the findings in your inspection report.
The requests made are between the buyer, the seller and the agent(s). Real estate agents already create these request lists, CRL just makes the process faster, easier, and less prone to error. Home inspectors have never been part of this process and CRL does not change that. Involving home inspectors in that process could potentially entangle them in legal disputes about the sale of the property. Home inspectors have never, and should never be involved in the real estate negotiation process.
How the CRL tool benefits home inspectors
- With CRL there is less opportunity for the agent to misconstrue your findings with their interpretation of what you said. The agents are allowed to add their own comments and requests to the list, but your original inspection report comments and findings are always shown. You are the expert, and you are the one legally responsible for your findings. HomeGauge absolutely does not allow anyone to change your words.
- CRL is a great marketing tool for you. Real estate agents love seeing they can create their request list directly from your report with CRL. It saves them time, effort, and standardizes everything for them. HomeGauge even provides a custom URL for you to use to show them just how easy it is.
- From your Dashboard you can click More Tools and then Resources to find your custom CRL marketing link. You can try a live demo of the CRL to get a better idea of what the customer and real estate agent will see. Click here for the demo.
We have a video tour below that shows how the create repair / request list works.