Managing your inspection reports is simple with Desktop Report Writer. Whether you're creating a new report, accessing an existing one, duplicating it, restoring a backup, or restoring a deleted report, our software has got you covered. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to perform these actions.
Start a New Report
- Click the New button on the Report Tool Bar (it will look like a piece of paper), or click File > New Report.
Open an Existing Report
- Click the Open button in the upper-left, or click File > Open Report.
- Select the report you'd like to open, then click Open
Make a Copy of an Existing Report
- Click the Open button in the upper-left
- Select the report you wish to copy
- Click the Gear button
- Click Create a Copy of the Selected Report.
- HomeGauge will then verify you want to make a copy; click Yes.
- In your Open Report list, you will now have 2 identical reports. Select one and click Open.
Open a Backup of a Report
In the event that you can no longer open a report due to a problem such as a power outage, computer crash, or other device failure, your software keeps regular backups that will allow you to open the most recently saved version of a report.
- Click the Open button
- Select the report you'd like to restore to an earlier version
- Click on the gear button and choose Open Backup for Selected Report
- Click Yes for the message Do you want to open a backup copy of the selected report?
- Each backup will have a date and time. It also has a number. Select the backup you want to restore and click OK.
Deleting a Report
- Click the Open button.
- Highlight the report you wish to delete.
- Locate and click the Gear Button
- Select Delete Selected Report(s).
Restore a Deleted Report
If you mistakenly delete a report, it will be in your recycle bin, assuming you have not since emptied it.
- Go to your Recycle Bin and look for the report folder. The report folder name will match the Report ID you used when writing the report. If you didn't use a report ID, it will be a numbered folder such as 00000006.
- Right-click on the report folder and select Restore.
- Open Desktop Report Writer and click Open. If you do not see the restored report, click Refresh Database.