Managing your inspection reports is simple with Desktop Report Writer. Whether you're creating a new report, accessing an existing one, duplicating it, restoring a backup, or restoring a deleted report, our software has got you covered. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to perform these actions.
Start a New Report
Click the New button on the Report Tool Bar (it will look like a piece of paper), or click File > New Report.
Open an Existing Report
- Click the Open button in the upper-left, or click File > Open Report.
- The list of reports on your computer will be shown. Click to highlight the one you would like to open.
- Click the report you'd like to open, then click Open near the bottom of the window.
Make a Copy of an Existing Report
- Click the Open button in the upper-left.
- Scroll through the list and click to highlight and select the report you wish to copy.
- Click the Gear icon, below the list of reports.
- Click Create a Copy of the Selected Report.
- HomeGauge will then verify you want to make a copy, click Yes.
- In your Open Report list, you will now have 2 identical reports. Select one and click Open.
Open a Backup of a Report
In the event that you can no longer open a report due to a problem such as a power outage, computer crash or other device failure, your software keeps regular backups that will allow you to open the most recently saved version of a report.
- Click Open button.
- Select the report you'd like to restore to an earlier version.
- Click on the gear button and choose Open Backup for Selected Report.
Deleting a Report
- Click the Open button.
- Highlight the report you wish to delete.
- Locate and click the Options Button (seen as the one with the gear in it).
- Select Delete Selected Report(s).
Restore a Deleted Report
If you mistakenly delete a report, it will be in your recycle bin, assuming you have not since emptied your recycle bin.
- Go to your Recycle Bin and look for the report folder. The report folder name will match the Report ID you used when writing the report. If you didn't use a report ID, it will be a numbered folder such as 00000006.
- Right click on the report folder and select Restore.
- Open HomeGauge and click Open. If you do not see the restored report, click Refresh Database.