Note: If you use HomeGauge Version 5.3 and higher, HomeGauge will automatically use whichever Internet Browser you set as your computer's default. If you would like to update your software:
- On the menu-bar, Click Help
- Click Check For Updates and follow the prompts
The following instructions are for older versions of HomeGauge.
Make HomeGauge Use Your Computer's Default Browser
- Open the HomeGauge Software
- Click Options -> General Options
- Check the boxes next to "Use default browser for web operations" and "Send login info for web operations". This will allow HomeGauge to use your default browser instead of Internet Explorer.
Set Your Computer's Default Browser
If you have followed the steps above and the HomeGauge dashboard is still not opening in your default browser, you will need to change the settings on your computer in two places.
From your start menu of your computer (outside of HomeGauge):
- Go to Settings -> System -> Default Apps, go to Web Browser and choose which browser you want as your default.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Set Your Default Programs. Choose the browser on the left, then Set this program as default.
The latest Windows 10 update (Version 1709) has changed the process above. If Step 2 above takes you back to the same menu as Step 1, follow the additional steps below:
- Click Start and type "cmd"
- Click the Command Prompt
- Copy and paste this text into the command prompt:
control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageDefaultProgram
- Press enter
- The default programs menu will appear. Choose the browser of your choice on your left, and then click Set this program as default.