If the inspector uploads the finished report to the HomeGauge Dashboard, the customers will receive a notification email prompting them to log in and view their report.
Customers will log in at Homegauge.com or the inspector's website (read our Marketing with HomeGauge category to learn more about this). After the customer logs in, they'll be presented with their own customer Dashboard.
To read more about the customer Dashboard (click here).
Try This Yourself
You already have a home inspector account with HomeGauge. Did you know that you can also create a customer account so you can get a better idea of what your home inspection client might see?
- Create a fake, or mock report using your HomeGauge software. For the customer information, use your own name, address, and email address. The email can be the same as the one you use for your inspector account.
- Upload the mock report to your Dashboard, then send email notifications. You will receive email notifications just as your customer would. Your customer account will have a different username and password than your regular home inspector account.
- Log Out of Inspector Account. When you visit HomeGauge.com to log in as the customer, you may still be logged into your inspector account. Click Sign Out in the menu to log out, then log in using your customer account user name and password.
- Go to www.homegauge.com. Click the orange Log In button in the upper-right. Enter your Customer username and password that came in the email notification, then click Sign In.
- You'll be seeing the HomeGauge system exactly like a customer does. Be sure to sign out of your customer account when you're done.