Below are listed antivirus programs that can interfere with HomeGauge software's function. Included with each listed program is a link to instructions to exclude HomeGauge from the antivirus software.
If Antivirus Already Interfered with HomeGauge
If HomeGauge is already blocked, you may need to check for quarantined or otherwise blocked files as well.
Using the links provided, follow the steps to exclude the following:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeGauge5\HomeGauge5.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeGauge5\appdata\Engine\bin\prince.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeGauge5\ folder, as well as the HomeGauge Data folder (Documents\HomeGauge) Note: Not all AV software allows for folder exclusion.
What is prince.exe?
Prince is the built-in HTML to PDF converter and without it, the software cannot create a PDF report. Antivirus software often sees it as a threat because any time one executable file (HomeGauge) calls on another executable file (Prince) it looks suspicious. Prince is a trusted tool used by many professional programs, rest assured that it is not a threat.
List of Antivirus Programs
- Excluding HomeGauge is a generally safe step that should be taken first.
- Disabling your antivirus, even temporarily, should be a last resort, taken by or under the guidance of advanced users. If you have questions about disabling your antivirus temporarily to solve a problem with HomeGauge, please call our Support Team at 828-254-2030.
|Antivirus Program||How to Exclude HomeGauge||How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily|
|Bitdefender Total Security 2018||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|AVG Internet Security||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Avira Antivirus||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Panda Antivirus||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Webroot SecureAnywhere||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|McAfee||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Norton Antivirus (Symantec)||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Kaspersky Antivirus||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions (use the year buttons in the upper right to select your version)|
|Total AV||Link to Instructions||No method to temporarily disable|
|ESET Nod32 Antivirus||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|
|Trend Micro||Link to Instructions||Link to Instructions|