Why should I upgrade to 5.3?
Using HomeGauge 5.3, you can provide a unique report to your real estate agents and homebuyers that allow them to view their home in a way no other service provider can deliver. Similar to a Google Street View, HomeGauge is first company to provide clients a 360 view inside of the home using one image, providing speed and efficiency in delivering detailed information needed to complete the home buying process.
And as an extra bonus, you can save time during your inspection by reducing the number of pictures you take. The 360º image can replace up to 4 photos of each room.
Read more about 360 Images in the 360 Image Frequently Asked Questions.
There are a few other features in the release that may be exciting to you including:
- Zoom Overlay: Reduce the number of pictures you take by using one picture for the perspective shot and the close-up. Here is a link to a sample report with a Zoom Overlay photo. Check out the first image in the Exterior section.
- Add Comments While Editing Photos: Streamline your report writing by adding a comment as you are processing your photos using "Edit All Photos". For more information on this great time-saving feature, refer to this help topic.
How to Get HomeGauge 5.3
You can upgrade for free if you meet any of the following conditions:
- You are currently on any 5.x version or downloading HomeGauge for the first time
- New customers and down-loaders will automatically install the newest version of HomeGauge available
- 5.x version users can check for updates at any time by going to Help > Check For Updates in their software
- Not on a 5.x version but paying for HomeGauge Services consecutively for the past 10 month
- HomeGauge Subscription users always get access to the latest version
If you do not meet these conditions, you can still upgrade if you pay a one-time fee of $300 which includes a year of HomeGauge Services.
- New Feature: 360 degree images. Provide clients a 360 view inside of the home using one photo, providing speed and efficiency in delivering detailed information needed to complete the home buying process. Read more about 360 Images in the 360 Image Frequently Asked Questions.
- New Feature: Zoom Overlay. Reduce the number of pictures you take by using one picture for the perspective shot and the close-up. Here is a link to a sample report with a Zoom Overlay photo. Check out the first image in the Exterior section.
- Improvement: HG 5.3 uses your default browser. If you have a preferred browser such as Chrome or Firefox, HomeGauge 5.3 will use it automatically.
- Improvement: Added an option under HG Services to View Online Appointments. This takes you directly to your appointment list rather than your My Reports list.
- Improvement: Edit your comment from within the photo editor. This is especially helpful when using Edit All Photos as you no longer have to exit the photo to edit your comment. Important note: This works with comments that do not have attached files or images and are not set to automatically go to the summary. If you need to add a comment that meets either of those criteria you will need to add the comment the original way from the comment box rather than from within the picture tool.
- Improvement: Warning when deleting a comment. When using the eraser tool to clear a comment, you will now be asked to confirm that you want to erase the current comment to prevent accidental deletion.
- Improvement: Selection of a row selects the report for download in several menus. For example: In the Download Cloud Reports menu, you no longer need to click the empty box under the Select column to choose a report for download, you can click anywhere on that row.
- Improvement: Clarification for several prompts. For example: After a report is uploaded, you will now be prompted to view your Dashboard rather than Send Notifications. The action hasn't changed, but the instruction is more specific and accurate.
- Bug Fix: Videos over 6 minutes long would show the incorrect time.
- Bug Fix: Double clicking a photo that was already used would not add it. You can now double click used photos to re-use them.
- Bug Fix: When copying a report, photo locker photos were not copied.
- Bug Fix: When merging two reports, photo locker photos from one report could overwrite the photos from the other report. This was an uncommon bug caused by identically named photos in both photolockers.
- Bug Fix: International or invalid characters in attachment filenames that caused upload to fail.