There are two types of notifications: report notifications and appointment notifications. Report Notifications are emails you can send through HomeGauge to notify your customer and realtor when an inspection document is ready to view. To learn more about appointment notifications, please visit Inspector Dashboard: Edit, Send, and Resend Appointment Notifications to Customers and Realtors
Edit Report Notification Templates
- Go to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- In the My Reports section of the page, click Edit Report Emails.
- On the page that loads, you'll see a list of templates in the top drop down menu. Make a selection from the available options.
- You may now edit the template name, subject line, and message accordingly. The subject line will show up as the subject for the email. Rewrite the text to satisfy your personal preference.
- At the bottom of the page click Save Template.
- Repeat these steps for any other template in the drop down menu. You can also click Load HomeGauge Default Message on any of them to revert back to the default text.
Creating and Using a Custom Report Notification
HomeGauge offers a variety of notifications templates useful for sending notifications to customers and REPs under different contexts. It is possible to create new notifications if you had special or unique messages that needed to be sent regarding the report.
Creating a Custom Report Notification
- Navigate to your HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click My Reports > Edit Report Emails.
- Click the Start New Button inside of the Templates For: area.
- Type in a new Template Name, Subject, and Message. Inside the Message area, use the text tools to format the message to your linking.
- If you wanted to save this message as the default template, check the box for Use as Default Message right below the message editing area. This will ensure that your new notification will be the one automatically shown when sending report notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Template.
Using a Custom Report Notification
- Navigate to you HomeGauge Dashboard.
- Click My Reports > All Reports.
- Locate a report that you would like to send a custom notification.
- Right below the inspection address, click the link for sending the Inspection Report emails.
- Scroll down the page to find the header titled "Customize your message(s) before sending." Click the drop down associated with the Buyer Email Template and choose the newly created template.
- Your browser will ask if you want to switch templates. Click OK.
- You will see the body of the message change to the new template.
- Verify that the users whom you want this message sent to have the box under Send Email? checked.
- Click Send Emails.
Note: The following merge fields will NOT work in the Appointment Reminder Notifications. These merge fields will work in all other Appointment Notifications.
Send or Resend Notifications to Customers and Realtors
- Log into your HomeGauge Dashboard (in your HomeGauge software, click HG Services > My HomeGauge Dashboard).
- Find the report you would like to send notifications for. Newly uploaded reports are near the top of the report list.
- Underneath the property address, click the blue Send Emails link for Inspection Report or Agreement to open the Send Email Notifications page.
- The customers and realtors will be listed.
- Put checks in the boxes in the Send Email? column next to the people you would like to receive the email.
- Put checks in the boxes in the View? column to next to people who should have viewing permissions.
- Put checks in the boxes in the Forward? column to next to people who should have forwarding permissions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.