In today's digital age, the ease and security of sharing important documents with clients is paramount for businesses across various industries. Home inspectors, in particular, rely heavily on efficient methods for delivering inspection reports to their customers. In this article, we will cover how to distribute your report either by uploading, printing, or saving it as a PDF.
Length Uploaded Reports stay on the Dashboard
Reports uploaded to your HomeGauge Dashboard are stored there for at least five years. As of today, HomeGauge has never deleted any reports from the server. This extended storage period ensures that your valuable inspection reports remain easily accessible to you and your customers for an extended period, which can be critical in the real estate industry.
Upload a Report
Uploading a report to the HomeGauge Dashboard is a straightforward process. Here's a step-by-step guide:
- If the report to be uploaded is not yet open, open that report.
- Create usernames for the customers if there isn't one already. This makes sending the report to the customer easier later on.
- Click the Customer section bar
- Enter the customer's email address
- Click Create HG Username
- Leave the box blank and click OK. If the customer already has an account with that email address, HomeGauge will find that account. Otherwise, HomeGauge will create a new account.
- Repeat these steps for each customer before proceeding.
Print or Save a PDF
Sometimes, you may need to provide a PDF version of your inspection report. Here's how to do it:
- Click Publish in the toolbar near the top of the screen. (A warning may appear that you have not answered all questions. Click Yes if you wish to proceed.)
- Check the box next to the Document Setting for Report for Printing or Saving. Uncheck any unneeded Document Settings.
- Click Print to see a preview of the report.
- Choose to Print or Save the PDF.
- To print (choose a printer), click the Print button at the bottom of the window.
- To save a PDF file, click the blue floppy disk icon in the upper-left of the window. Navigate to the place you want to save the file, give it a name, then click Save.