The Photo Locker is a folder that by default, will save an unadulterated copy of any photo you include in the report. It is accessible inside the data folder for that report but not accessible on the dashboard or to your clients. This backup can then be accessed by downloading a report from the Inspector Dashboard at a later date. The following steps cover how to save photos to your Photo Locker and upload this backup folder of pictures with your report.
Save Pictures to Photo Locker
- In the Desktop Report Writer, navigate to the Pictures pane on the right.
- Click the 4 red boxes icon to select all pictures.
- Click the orange inbox icon with the plus above it to add all photos to the Photo Locker.
Include Photo Locker in Upload
You can upload the Photo Locker and the report to save a backup of your pictures in the Inspector Dashboard. You should include all pictures in the Photo Locker before uploading.
- Click File > Publishing Options
- Click the Misc tab near the top of the window.
- Near the bottom-right, check the box labeled Upload Photo Locker.
- Click OK to exit the Print Options window.
- When you Upload to the Dashboard, your Photo Locker will be included.
Access Photo Locker
If you need to access the photo locker to review pictures, follow the below steps:
- Open File Explorer on your computer
- Locate the HomeGauge data folder. This is usually in Documents but could be on the C drive.
- Open Reports Folder
- Then, locate the report you want to see the photos for. If you use report ID's, the folders are named after the report ID. Open the folder for the report.
- Then open the PhotoLocker folder
If you want to access a photo locker from a previously uploaded report you can learn how to download the report by visiting Inspector Dashboard: Downloading Uploaded Report.