Transferring a Report Using the Cloud
Note: The transfer limit is set to 200 MB. This is to prevent timeouts during the cloud transfer process. There is currently no way to increase this limit.
Using the HG Cloud (part of the HG Services) you can easily transfer reports between computers and devices without the hassle of manually copying files.
- In your HG Companion, click HG Services > Send Report to Cloud. Select the report you'd like to transfer and click transfer.
- On your other computer or device go to HG Services > Get Report from Cloud. Select the report and click download.
- Go to Open Reports and you will see it in the list.
If you are having trouble sending a report to the cloud, click here to view our troubleshooting article.
Manually Transferring a Report from the iOS Companion
To retrieve a report from iOS companion, you must have iTunes installed.
- Plug your device into computer via USB.
- Click the icon for the device in the upper left corner.
- Click Apps in the left menu (directly below Summary).
- Scroll to the bottom to the section labeled File Sharing.
- There are 2 columns, click HomeGauge Companion in the Apps column.
- Then click the folder labeled HomeGauge in the Documents column.
- Click the button in the lower right that says "Save to..."
- Save the folder to an easily accessible location on your computer such as the desktop. This will save the entire HomeGauge folder from your iOS device.
- You can now open the folder you downloaded from the device and open the Reports subfolder.
- Copy the folder for the report you need and paste it into Documents/Homegauge/Reports (not the same HomeGauge folder you just downloaded, this is the HomeGauge folder that your regular software reads from in your documents folder).
- Open the software, click Open then Refresh Database. You will now be able to open the report you downloaded from your iOS device.
- Once complete you can remove the HomeGauge folder you created in Step 8 from your desktop.