Transferring a Report Using the Cloud
Note: The transfer limit is set to 200 MB. This is to prevent timeouts during the cloud transfer process. There is currently no way to increase this limit. To be able to take more pictures we recommend changing your camera settings to adjust the picture resolution to around 1280x720 (16:9, .92MP). Third party apps like Open Camera and Camera MX help when the default settings do not go low enough.
Using the HG Cloud (part of the Online Services) you can easily transfer reports between computers and devices without the hassle of manually copying files.
- In your HG Companion, click HG Services > Send Report to Cloud. Select the report you'd like to transfer and click transfer.
- On your other computer or device go to HG Services > Get Report from Cloud. Select the report and click download.
- Go to Open Reports and you will see it in the list.
If your companion is giving you an error message click here to view our cloud troubleshooting article.
Manually Transferring a Report from the Android Companion
We recommend using the HG Cloud for transferring reports, but if you have a report that is too large or your internet isn't working correctly, use the following steps to manually transfer your report:
- Connect your Android phone to your computer via USB.
- You may see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. Wait for the computer to successfully complete installation.
- On your Android phone, pull down the notification window from the top of your screen and tap the USB Connected or Charge Via USB. Select the option that says "Transferring Files" or similar to allow access to the files.
- On your computer, open File Explorer and navigate to This PC > (Your Device) > Internal Storage > HomeGauge.
- Once inside of the HomeGauge folder there is a sub folders called Reports. This folder will have sub-folders of each individual report by the Report ID or sequential numbers like (0000458). Note: Using the Report ID field is very helpful in moving reports.
- Choose the files or folders you'd like to transfer and copy them using Ctrl-C or right click and choose Copy.
- Navigate to Documents/HomeGauge/Reports on your computer. Highlight the Reports folder and paste the report using Ctrl-V or right click and choose Paste.
- Open the software, click Open then Refresh Database. You will now be able to open the report.
- Save the report to set the pictures.
- Safely eject the Android device.
While on your computer, if a report folder is not showing up in Device > Internal Storage > HomeGauge Reports, try unplugging and restarting the device. Plug the device back in after restarting and start again from step one above.