Installing HomeGauge to two different locations on your computer will often result in both copies sharing the same data folder, meaning your settings, templates and reports are identical. You may want to have to completely separate data folders if you work for two separate companies, or work for a company but also do inspections on your own. Follow the steps below to set this up.
Setting up the new User Account
- Click Start
- Start typing "add" or "users" and click the Add, edit or remove other users option that appears.
- In the menu that appears, click Add someone else to this PC.
- Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
- Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Fill out the form, being sure to not add an apostrophe to the user name you choose (this can cause an error in HomeGauge), e.g. use Dan instead of Dan's Computer
- Click Next.
- Click the user you just created
- Click Change account type.
- Choose Administrator from the Account type menu and click OK.
- Click the X to close this menu.
Setting up HomeGauge for the new User Account
- Click Start.
- Click your user profile image and click Sign out. It's important to sign out rather than switch users.
- Log in as the new user you created.
- Download and HomeGauge. You can find the download link on your Dashboard, after logging in click Install HG 5 on the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Install HomeGauge. Choose the default location, or the location you installed it on your other account.
- Load HomeGauge. You should see that there are no reports and your templates and settings are default. You can now log in to your second HomeGauge account and restore your templates and settings. Simply switch between these two Windows User accounts to use your separate HomeGauge accounts without interference.