The next step after choosing and setting up a merchant provider for credit processing (click here) is to setup a test payment.
- Make sure you are not in test mode in Authorize.net. To turn Test Mode off go to Authorize.net. Sign in and under General Settings click the slider to change to Test Mode off.
For Authorize.net trouble shooting (click here).
- Login to HomeGauge Dashboard
- Start a New Appointment. For information on how to start a New Appointment (click here).
- On the appointment create yourself as a Customer using your email address
- Complete and Schedule the Appointment
- Send yourself the appointment and agreement notifications
- That appointment will now show up under My Reports > All Reports
- Click Request Payment on that Address
- Set the Amount Due as $1.00. Fill out the payment information requested on the screen and then click require payment then request payment.
- Send the notification email and log out of the HomeGauge Dashboard
- Go back as the customer and login to pay the $1.00
- Log into your account on www.authorize.net to view the transaction. Click Transactions at the top menu. Click Unsettled Transactions on the left-hand side menu. You should see the transaction for $1.00. You are now ready to take payments from customers.