If your Uploaded Report shows blank or broken links where your pictures should be you likely have an incompatible Attachment in your Report.
This can happen if there is an attachment with invalid characters, such as a PDF with MS Word quotations, apostrophes or hyphens, in the report directory.
Fix Broken Photos on Uploaded Report
- Open HomeGauge Software
- Open Report with broken pictures
- Navigate to Misc > Attachments
- Find and remove the Attachment that used Windows Characters in the Document Name
Note: Windows characters like quotations, apostrophes or hyphens can not be read by HomeGauge. In the example above the first two attachments were saved as Test's.docx and Test's.pdf. The third was saved by copying Test's on test's from inside of Microsoft Word and then when prompted to Save as pasting the name in. You might be able to notice by clicking on the picture above that the first two attachments apostrophes are slightly different than the one used in the third attachment.
- Navigate to wherever that Document was saved on your computer and Right click to Re-name
- Re-name without any copying and pasting from Microsoft Word
- Go back to HomeGauge and re-add the document to Attachments
- Re-upload the Report
I have had problems with the HG companion creating a new report and adding all the photos to that instead of the report I established. I have to upload the original report to the cloud then go back to the device ( phone or tablet) and manually download the pictures to my computer. This takes valuable time and gets frustrating. Why would the companian creat its on new report instead of using the one you are operating off of?
Are you using an iOS device or Android?
When you are doing the report and taking pictures if you go to the customer section is there information there? What could be happening is one report is being downloaded but a new or different report is being opened when you are taking pictures.
What steps do you take when starting a new report?
Your process should follow something similar to:
1. Create an appointment on the dashboard OR Create a report in the software
2. Download the appointment or report to the Companion
3. On the Companion click Open and find that downloaded report or appointment
4. Now with the report open fill out comments and pictures
If you ever leave the app and navigate to other things on your device I would double check that you are in the correct report when you come back. Let us know if any of these steps help. You can contact support directly at 828-254-2030 Option 1. or https://support.homegauge.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Please sign in to leave a comment.