If your Uploaded Report shows blank or broken links where your pictures should be you likely have an incompatible Attachment in your Report.
This can happen if there is an attachment with invalid characters, such as a PDF with MS Word quotations, apostrophes or hyphens, in the report directory.
Fix Broken Photos on Uploaded Report
- Open HomeGauge Software
- Open Report with broken pictures
- Navigate to Misc > Attachments
- Find and remove the Attachment that used Windows Characters in the Document Name
Note: Windows characters like quotations, apostrophes or hyphens can not be read by HomeGauge. In the example above the first two attachments were saved as Test's.docx and Test's.pdf. The third was saved by copying Test's on test's from inside of Microsoft Word and then when prompted to Save as pasting the name in. You might be able to notice by clicking on the picture above that the first two attachments apostrophes are slightly different than the one used in the third attachment.
- Navigate to wherever that Document was saved on your computer and Right click to Re-name
- Re-name without any copying and pasting from Microsoft Word
- Go back to HomeGauge and re-add the document to Attachments
- Re-upload the Report