Mobile Forms are a way to complete Forms on the job using HomeGauge Android Companion. This article covers how to add forms to Companion and use Mobile Forms on Companion.
- Android 7.0 or later
- HomeGauge Companion v. 184.108.40.206 or later
- HomeGauge Desktop Software v. 5.3.5 or later
The Mobile Forms feature is only available for Android Companion. This feature is not included in the IOS Companion at this time.
How to Cloud Transfer Forms to Companion
To start using Forms on your Android Companion, you must first transfer them from your Desktop Software. Forms are transferred using HG Services by Uploading Cloud Templates and Settings.
- Start by opening HomeGauge Software on your computer or laptop.
- Click HG Services on the main menu.
- Click Upload Cloud Templates & Settings.
- Choose a Template to transfer with your Settings, ensure you have the box checked to include PDF Forms, and click OK.
- Once uploaded, you will be prompted with a success message.
How to Use Forms on Companion
- Open HomeGauge Companion App
- When on a New or Open Report, click Misc
- On the Form section, click the right-corner menu and choose Add Form.
- Choose from the list of Forms to Add; Select a Form and click Open.
- With the form open, you can edit fields, checkboxes, take pictures, and insert text. The example image has Merge Fields associated with Inspector Contact and Customer Information. These merge fields automatically pull information from corresponding fields in your Software before you send the final report. For more information on How to Set Default information on Forms, see this article: Desktop Report Writer: Using, Installing, and Deleting Forms.
- To Remove a Form, click the right-corner menu and choose Remove Form.
- To add additional forms, click the right-corner menu and choose Add Form like Steps 3 & 4. You can switch between forms using the Left and Right Arrows at the bottom center of the Form section.
- To add a Picture, click on the form button: Choose Picture. This will open your device's camera and allow you to take a photo. Only Forms that have this button already included will allow you to take a picture while inside the form. All other pictures should be added by adding the Form Picture Page with Labels. This form can be appended to any other form when finalizing the report in HomeGauge Software.
Note: At this time, you will not be able to Edit the Picture while inside HomeGauge companionImportant! Pictures attached to forms will not re-size automatically in the Software. When reviewing your form in the Software, make sure to edit and re-size each of your photos or click OK for the image to set to the default size before sending.
- When finished with the report and form, save your work by clicking the right-corner menu, then Save report
- Click the same right-corner menu and choose HG Services > Send Current Report to Cloud
- Your Report and Form are now available to Download to the Software to finalize. This is also the step to make any edits to your photos inside Forms. For more information on transferring reports from Android Companion, see Android Companion: Transferring a Report.